Please note that this post was migrated to my new blog platform. There may be bad formating, broken links, images, downloads and so on. If you need an item on this page, please contact me and I will do my best to get it from my backups.
Let me put this into perspective.
- Answer cell calls with a BlueTooth headset.
- Answer office phone calls with the same BlueTooth headset.
- Talk in PC Video Conferences with the same BlueTooth headset.
- Talk with VOIP for things such as Gamers and Vonage, using the same BlueTooth headset.
- With a laptop, connect to the Internet via 256+Kbps DUN anywhere that has SprintPCS coverage (i.e. on road trips or no WiFi hotspots, < 2s to connect).
- Newer Sprint phones are suppose to support up to 1.2Mbps download rate (like the one mentioned below).
- Especially with Sprints Nights @ 7pm, it’s free all night and weekend long.
With three devices:
- Sprint MM-A940 2.0 Megapixel cell phone (or any BlueTooth cell, just sprint provides faster data xfer)
- Plantronics Voyager 510S BlueTooth System for Desktop (DON’T BUY FROM THAT LINK! Search the net, much cheaper versions). If you don’t want the Office Phone functionallity, get just the headset for $60)
- BlueTooth-enabled Laptop supporting DUN and Audio/Voice BlueTooth profiles (or a $50 USB adapter if it doesn’t)
And you can do this without removing the cell phone from your belt or pocket, or lifting your handset on your office phone. That’s just too cool. Just imagine, riding along on a road trip or in the car pool to work in the morning. Flip open the laptop and connect to the Internet, without removing the phone from your belt clip.
I’ve spent a long time researching these devices, and finally the day has come. They are on order.
Now if I can just get them all to work…